Exterior Designer Plymouth // // PermanentJob Ref: JO0012706
Position: Exterior Designer based in Plymouth
The candidate will report to the Principal Designer and work within a young team of designers striving to deliver the most luxurious, elegant and forward thinking products in the market place.
The candidate should have a degree preferably in product design or design engineering. The role can be adapted to suite the candidates skills and experience which should range from 2-6 years in a competitive design or engineering environment. Marine industry experience would very beneficial but not essential.
A practical thinker with very strong problem solving skills are essential. The role consists of designing a combination of the following: exterior GRP mouldings, metalwork, glazing, teak, deck fittings and other exterior elements of a yacht. A knowledge of design for manufacture of theses is essential.
We are looking for an outstanding candidate who is able to generate new ideas and develop these ideas through every aspect of the both the concept and detail design phase. The candidate will need to be able to creatively overcome problems whilst maintaining the craftsmanship and design quality that Princess is known for.
They will be strong team players, self motivated, passionate about design and above all want to be part of a rapidly evolving business.
• Sketch generation to solve problems and present ideas
• 3D and 2D CAD modelling and surfacing (NX of Similar)
• Design for manufacture of mouldings, metalwork, glass and teak
• A knowledge of mechanism design would be beneficial.
• Understanding of budgets and manufacturing feasibility
• Working collaboratively with engineering, CAD and naval architecture departments
• Involvement in the NPI and NPD development process
• Delivery of part information in accordance with the development schedule
• Assist with research and development projects
• Support of Developments other design disciplines when required