Senior Chassis Technical Specialist California // // ContractJob Reference: J0012703
Job Title: Senior Chassis Technical Specialist
Looking for a mechanical engineer with extensive chassis design experience.
• The kind of person who sees a problem, develops a solution, and engineers an improvement no one’s asked for yet.
• As a Senior Technical Specialist in the Chassis team, you will help design and deliver world-leading suspension architectures for our electric vehicle platforms.
• Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigour and determination.
• Lead the development and delivery of front and/or rear suspension architectures from a blank page through to production
• Design with excellence at system and component level, with great attention to every detail
• Create and optimize mechanical designs for performance, size, weight, durability and cost
• Work closely with both internal teams and external suppliers, using creativity and teamwork to integrate multiple systems in the most efficient way possible
• Work closely with stakeholders and attribute owners across the company (Vehicle Safety, Vehicle Dynamics, NVH, Durability, Manufacturing, etc.)
• Coordinate virtual engineering and physical validation testing activities for your designs
• Determine required tolerances using GD&T
• Manage multiple complex projects in a demanding environment
• Travel domestically and internationally as required
• A proven track record of technical excellence in automotive chassis engineering
• A strong desire to create state-of-the-art engineering products as an integral part of a very capable team
• A flair for creative design engineering and problem-solving
• 10+ years of automotive industry experience
• Excellent 3D CAD skills, proficient with CATIA V5/V6 or similar software
• Hands-on practical experience in prototype assembly
• Experience in technology, system and supplier selection
• Project leadership and mentoring skills
• Design release engineering experience, including engineering change management and project management experience
• A strong understanding of various analysis tools e.g. ANSYS, Optistruct, MATLAB, ADAMS, SHARK
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as extrusion, casting, stamping etc.
• Knowledge of vehicle crash safety principles
• Knowledge of vehicle dynamics principles
• Knowledge of NVH principles
• Driven-vehicle attributes development experience
• 15+ years of automotive (or relevant) engineering experience
You should have:
• Proof of excellence in your past position, while demonstrating profound creativity in resolving mechanical design problems
• BS/BEng or MS/MEng, or equivalent experience, in Mechanical Engineering
• Ideally candidate should have the right to work in the USA
• Recruitment Consultant Megan Clifton
• Tel: 02476446940