Senior Project Planner Wolverhampton // £47 per hour // ContractJob Reference: J0012637
Job Title: Senior Project Planner
Rate: Up to £47.00 per Hour Ltd Co.
• The Senior Project Planner, reporting to the Lead Project Planner, will own the project delivery schedule on behalf of the Portfolio/ Project Manager and will work closely with the project team to accurately report progress and costs.
• Critically the Senior Project Planner will ensure that forecasts data/costs/resources reflect realistic delivery and achieve Customer required completion dates.
• The Senior Project Planner will also ensure consistent planning approaches are applied within an area of the business (Programme, portfolio or division) and support operational leaders with higher level planning activities.
Key Activities / Decision Areas:
• Establish planning standards within the area of responsibility
• Work closely with Portfolio Managers on high level planning tasks, integrating various individual project schedules
• Closely support local Project Services Leads and Head of Project Services with planning related tasks and initiatives (e.g. assist in the creation of standardised rules of credit)
• Oversight of planners in area
• Assurance that EPS structure is in line with expectations
• Oversee maintenance of P6 EPS within an area of the business (Programme, portfolio or division) ensuring appropriate house-keeping of previous baseline and live schedule copies
• Establishment of project schedule, resources and budgets to agreed estimates and timescales
• Obtaining feedback from budget holders
• Completion of schedule updates on a weekly basis
• Analysis of project resource demands/availability
• Assessment of man-hours and associated costs, purchasing costs and expense costs on a weekly basis
• Assessment of committed and actual purchase costs/forecasts
• Production of timely and accurate internal reports/schedules
• Week to week comparisons
• Comparisons and performance measurement against previous forecasts
• Production of reports from planning software
• Earned Value Analysis
• Critical Path Analysis
• Resource Analysis
• Look-ahead schedules
• Production of timely and accurate Client schedules/reports
• Inclusion of change as per the change control system
• Development and maintenance of reporting systems in order to meet project demands
• Assessment of progress and subsequent reporting of project KPIs
• Identification and prioritisation of likely overspends
• Participation in Risk Management process and inclusion of mitigating action
• Liaise with project engineers to develop and instil an appreciation of planning issues/importance
• Liaise with client planning engineers and project personnel
• Development of planning structure and reporting in line with Project and client WBS
• Accuracy of all data and reports presented
• Take direction from the Programme Manager/Project Manager for any ad-hoc planning/reporting or assessments
Essential role related knowledge, technical skills, qualifications and experience:
• Demonstrate excellent knowledge of project scheduling, resourcing and costing
• Extensive experience in using Primavera P6 software essential; ideally with superuser experience
• Fully conversant in all aspects of Earned value Analysis and project cost controls
• Good understanding of project management principles and processes
• Comfortable leading a small team and contributing within a team
• HNC/HND in engineering or similar
• Strong understanding of all project controls (including cost engineering, change control and risk management)
• Data manipulation skills particularly within MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Access
• Excellent IT skills (MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint), numeric and analytical skills
• Good spoken and written English
• @Risk for Excel or similar risk analysis software (desirable)
• Visual Basic for Applications (desirable)
• Qualified to graduate level in an engineering or similar based degree (desirable)
• Working within the Nuclear Industry (desirable)
• Excellent communicator
• Proactive Leader
• Able to motivate a team
• Takes ownership of scheduling problems/solutions on behalf of PM
• Scenario planning approach to opportunities
• Able to convene/lead a small team meeting to assess progress/forecasts
• Good presentation skills to summarise and present schedules
Useful Information for Applicants
• Role will be based in West Midlands.
• Driving licence required for business trips to clients and Derbyshire office (average 2 trips per month).
• Only expenses incurred away from main West Midlands office will be reimbursed via an approved claim form).
Excellent package and opportunity. Call Rachel Adams NOW on 07810 000924 or apply online.