Senior Process Engineer Brighton // £40,000 to £45,000 per year // PermanentJob Reference:J0012590
Job Title:Senior Process Engineer
• The successful candidate will be rewarded with the opportunity to be a key member of a team with a broad remit to support New Product Introduction projects within the Performance Products division of the company.
• This division specialises in delivering niche powertrain products to many premium brand customers.
• This is an exciting opportunity for someone wishing to apply their quality engineering experience and knowledge in a dynamic hands-on manufacturing environment, producing world class products across a range of projects.
• As a Senior Process Engineer you will be responsible for the Processes and Procedures associated with assembly of engines from concept to series production.
• Working alone or leading a small team on designated projects your key objectives will include:
-Design, development and maintenance of manufacturing processes for current and future Programmes.
-Development, implementation and operation of manufacturing processes documentation (DFA, DFM, Build Process, Process Control plan, PFMEA’s, Risk Assessments/Safety Systems & Launch Readiness)
-Specification and design of equipment layouts and material flows
-Requisitioning (including Specification, procurement, commissioning, installation and validation) of maintenance of new and modified tooling and equipment required for engine assembly to meet plant OEE and R&M targets for production.
-Support during Industrialisation the production team during Industrialisation phases to improve production quality and efficiency.
-Support during industrialisation the production line tooling, equipment and end of line to support manufacturing processes.
-Facilitation and achievement of Prototype builds in line with project delivery requirements, including early validation of production processes and tooling.
-Development of assembly work standards to support both Prototype phase and the transfer to HMI standard work instructions for Production
-Continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes to deliver to cost, quality and delivery performance targets.
-To achieve quality standards in a series production environment
Relevant Experience and Personal Attributes:
• Experience of NPI and/or Process Engineering or a similar role where skills can be transferred into the objectives described above, gained within the automotive sector.
• Knowledge of automotive technology and product development
• Hands-on experience of lean manufacturing is preferred
• Preferably experience with various manufacturing processes and components deployed in engine Assembly & Quality Gates (EOL Testing)
• Understanding off relevant manufacturing methods and detailed drawing dimensioning
• Extensive Knowledge in manufacturing process and documentation including: DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plans, including relevant component inspection and standard work instructions process and procedures
• Understanding in SQA including APQP and PPAP of components (Including ISO9000 & ISO14000 & IATFTS16949)
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Experience of quality systems, quality tools & techniques
• The ability to work as a team or on your own and be self-motivated.
• A good communicator with inter cultural and interpersonal skills together with the ability to communicate and present effectively to suppliers and clients at all levels
• Engineering degree or equivalent experience
• Flexibility to support regular travel to suppliers domestic & internationally and holder of a driving licence.
Excellent package and opportunity. Call Rachel Adams NOW on 07810 000924 or apply online.