Prototype Vehicle Build Planning Engineer Coventry // £22 to £24.18 per hour // ContractJob Reference: J0012233
Job Title:Prototype Vehicle Build Planning Engineer
Rate: From £22.00 to £24.18 per Hour Ltd Co.
• A role within the 80 strong instrumentation team to carry out Planning and Powertrain delivery to the Prototype Build Team.
• In this role, candidates will collate instrumentation requests for PVO builds and use this to create an Instrumentation Control Document for each build.
• Liaise with the Build Manager to introduce instrumentation exclusive build time in to the Vehicle Build Plan.
• Create Instrumentation MOL Job cards for engine build and ensure engines are built with correct Instrumentation fitted.
• Present for Instrumentation at the PVO Are We Ready (AWR) event.
• The successful candidate would be working within the instrumentation department carrying out test preparation and planning.
• The planning team consists of 6 people who liaise with engineers from all areas to establish their test and instrumentation requirements.
• This information is passed to Prototype Build Engineers to allow a seamless delivery of engineering test and development requirements.
• Candidates are responsible for collating information, producing planning and timing charts and producing Instrumentation Control and specification Documents.
3 KEY SKILLS
1)Excellent communicator, able to create timing plans and schedules by liaising with Engineers to establish their test requirements.
2)Proficient in use of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Google Docs and Databases to create and maintain plans, charts, schedules and Databases.
3)Familiar with Prototype Vehicle Operations, preparation and planning of build phases and instrumentation solutions to support the Engineering community.
• Experience in Prototype Vehicle build environment, able to create instrumentation test plans, SDV charts and build schedules.
• Experience of working in a planning role essential.
• Familiar with instrumentation and Data Acquisition Systems and their fitment to Prototype vehicles.
• Understanding of engineering test and development processes and timings.
• Knowledge of Powertrains and engine build processes would be advantageous.
• 40 Hours per week with 3:30pm finish on Fridays
• Recruitment Consultant Molly Quirke
• Tel: 02476446940