Design Model Operations Project Leader Coventry // // ContractJob Reference: J0011161
Job Title: Design Model Operations Project Leader
• The organization comprises both an Advanced Studio, responsible for pre-PS studies and concept vehicles, and a Production Studio responsible for all company production vehicles.
• Both Studios report into the Design Director.
• The team is multi-disciplined, encompassing all aspects of vehicle Design from clay, CAS & hard modelling, Colour & Materials design, through Studio Engineering and Project Management to final Production Surfacing.
• The DMO Project Leader is responsible for the planning and build of properties for Design.
• This role covers both company brands.
• Create specific RFQ documents for all projects, whether they are being made in house or externally
• Create resource profiles for each model to be produced
• Understand budgetary requirements for each project and maintain tracked and regulated levels of spend
• Provide robust timing plans to the Design team and ensure models are delivered within the stated timeframe
• Liaise with internal departments and external suppliers to ensure the models produced are to the correct specification
• Support the Designers and Studio Engineering teams in the delivery of the Design Vision by ensuring any programme assumption disconnects are identified quickly and appropriate forums are in place to drive resolution.
• Coordinate and chair regular Design reviews to ensure Designer buy in prior to model manufacture.
• All DMO models made (in house or externally) are to be produced to the highest quality standards.
• PL to be responsible for ensuring that all projects, meet the required standard.
• Manage Design change to ensure timing and budget are adhered to and communicate potential effects caused by the change.
• Compromises need to be understood and agreed at Senior level
• Ensure all key planning & status documents are created and maintained and that all project information is available across the team
• Identify opportunities for process improvements across the department as well as opportunities for cross functional efficiencies to deliver all DMO projects on time, on cost, and on quality.
• Comply with all company policy and procedures, particularly the Design Studio security.
Skills, experience and qualifications required
• The position requires an enthusiastic self-motivated team player with good technical skills and who is flexible in their approach to work and capable of assisting to ensure the tasks are achieved against set targets.
• Excellent communication skills are essential for this role
• This role requires a well-organized person who can liaise with personnel at all levels.
• They must have a good engineering knowledge, substantial current product knowledge, manufacturing experience of assembly and production methods, an understanding of design properties and materials and an awareness of the design studio environment.
• Some mechanical knowledge would be advantageous though not essential
• They must have the ability to work flexible hours, including weekends to deliver to required timings but it is not anticipated this would be frequent.
• The candidate will be able to demonstrate that they are fully conversant with manufacturing processes for unique parts in a wide variety of mediums i.e. clay, model board, RP &T parts, carbon fibre, GRP, aluminium, etc…
• A good knowledge and contact data base throughout all company sites to assist manufacture.
• Good MS / Google PC skills
• Preferred Degree Qualified
• Based in Warwickshire
• 40 Hours per week with 3:30pm finish on Fridays
• Recruitment Consultant Nick Baker
• Tel: 02476446940